At FBC Mortgage, we care about the safety of your personal information. Details like your social security number, your home address, and your phone number are kept safely in our loan systems so no one can access them except your dedicated loan team. Here are five mortgage security tips you can use to keep your information safe during the loan process!
- Take advantage of FBC’s secure Borrower Portal which allows sensitive files to be uploaded, rather than emailed. Don’t send PDF’s that contain your entire life’s information across the internet! Obtaining a mortgage requires the most amount of personal information than any other transaction. Keep your mortgage security in mind and don’t let your identity get compromised by taking shortcuts.
- Use complex passwords everywhere! Best practice from Microsoft recommends a minimum of 8 characters including a capital letter, a number, and a special character. Exclude using pet names, children’s names, and birth dates. These can be easily found by searching social media!
Find out what you can afford.
Get Pre-Approved with SimpleLoan.com in as little as 8 minutes.
- Enable two-factor authentication (also known as 2FA or multi-factor authentication) where it’s an option. Other services like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter also have these options.
- Final wiring instructions should ONLY come from the title company, not your loan officer. Scammers are spoofing emails that appear to be coming from loan officers with fake wiring instructions. Don’t hesitate to verify the final numbers by phone with the title company – a few minutes could save thousands of dollars!
- Think before you click! Ransomware emails are running rampant. Clicking on malicious links could infect and encrypt your entire computer. If you’re not expecting an email from the sender, delete it. Alternatively, avoid clicking the link and go directly to the sender’s website and login.
What’s important to you is important to us. We’re dedicated to making sure you and your personal information are protected and these are just a few helpful mortgage security tips to keep you safe. Learn more on our Mortgage Resources page or Contact Us to get in touch with one of our mortgage professionals today!
Ready to Learn More?
Connect with one of our loan officers in your area today.
Why FBC Mortgage?
FBC Mortgage, LLC is a leader in helping home buyers with fast and simple loans. We’re dedicated to exceptional customer service and are always available when you need us most, even at night and on the weekend. We’ll help you navigate your new home purchase, and keep you updated along the way with weekly check ins, so you know you’re taken care of. That’s one of the many reasons why 95% of our clients would recommend us to their friends and family. It’s also why the nation’s top home builders and Realtors trust FBC to help their new home buyers.
Buying a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will make. Understanding mortgages and the home buying process can help make it less stressful, and so can partnering with a mortgage lender you can trust. At FBC Mortgage, LLC, we’re dedicated to helping home buyers finance their dream home.
All information presented is for educational purposes only and not intended as financial advice. FBC Mortgage, LLC is a Top 20 National Mortgage lender headquartered in Orlando, Florida. Specializing in residential mortgage lending, including purchase, refinance, construction, and renovation loans. See what our clients have to say. NMLS#152859 EHL ©2020.
Your Ultimate Home Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring has sprung and it is the perfect time to give your house a deep clean. Follow this checklist to give your home a refresh.
Romantic Ideas For Spending Valentine’s Day at Home
Want to spend Valentine’s Day in the comfort of your own home this year? There are plenty of ways to make Valentine’s Day special without going to a fancy restaurant or spending lots of money. Check out these romantic date ideas!
How Temporary Buydown Programs Can Increase Affordability For Home Buyers
Overwhelmed by high interest rates? Luckily, there are programs specifically designed to help home buyers afford homes even when rates are high. We’ll break down different temporary buydown programs, the specifics of how a temporary buydown works, and examples of what this could look like for a potential buyer.